Veneer Specialist in Pattaya
Veneers are considered a form of cosmetic dentistry, a kind of restoration which can change your damaged tooth surface to a brighter, white smile. Dental veneers are a thin layer of semi-translucent material like porcelain or composite resin that is placed over the front surface of teeth. Veneers can be an excellent option for discoloured, worn or chipped teeth.
Veneers can solve the problems such as grayish-coloured teeth caused by tetracycline, or restore teeth that are decayed, abrasive, worn or chipped to their natural colours and sizes. Veneers also strengthen and add durability to your teeth.
As ceramic enamels used in veneers resist stains from food, cigarette, tea, and coffee, you do not have to worry about these problems anymore.
Types of materials used for veneers:
We select the latest developed IPS Empress II System and IPS Empress Esthetics from Ivoclar Vivadent for veneers. The opalescent IPS Empress II has been developed in both quality and aesthetic to be a special translucent and shiny material that closely resembles the surfaces of human tooth enamel.
What are benefits of veneers?
- Veneers cannot decay like natural teeth.
- Veneers create a more confident smile.
- Veneers provide a natural tooth appearance.
- Veneers can close the space between teeth.
- Veneers can restore the shape and aesthetic of teeth.
- Veneers can restore and protect damaged teeth.
Am I a suitable candidate for veneers?
Anyone can have flawless teeth by dental veneers as long as they have healthy teeth and gum. If veneers aren’t the best solution for you, our dentists can also recommend the alternative treatment that suits you.
Inlays and Onlays
Inlays and onlays can help restore a decayed molar that requires a large portion of filling. Inlays and onlays are usually made from porcelain, gold, or composite resin. To make it fit perfectly into the natural tooth, an impression of the decayed tooth is made in a dental laboratory. Inlays and onlays are suitable for different needs.
An onlay is the filling placed on top of the tooth.
An inlay is a large filling placed inside a hole in the tooth. It is more durable.
Types of Inlays and Onlays
- Inlays and onlays made from gold are more durable
- Inlays and onlays made from porcelain give the natural look
- Inlays and onlays made from composite resin are the most popular because they give more natural looking and long lasting result than the porcelain.
Problems that require inlays and onlays
- Inlays and onlays are used to restore a cavity in the tooth.
- Inlays and onlays are used when a long lasting result is required.
- Inlays and onlays help conserve more tooth structure.
- Remove part of the decayed tooth and create a proper shape for putting an inlay or onlay.
- Make an impression of the tooth.
- The impression is sent to a dental lab to create the inlay or onlay.
- The inlay and onlay will be placed on the tooth. Your dentist will check and adjust the position for the esthetic result.
Benefits of Inlays and Onlays
- Composite resin has a wide range of tooth-coloured tones to choose from, so it creates high esthetic and durability similar to the natural tooth.
- Gold material is the most long lasting material.
- Inlays and onlays are very strong since they are made in a laboratory.
- Inlays and onlays can prevent the tooth from breakage and help strengthen the tooth.
- The impression provides a suitable size that matches the natural tooth.
- With a minimum space between the tooth and inlay and onlay, it decreases a chance for cavities.